This is a simple salad with a red wine vinegar vinaigrette dressing. It is adapted from “Real Simple” magazine. Get it – simple. But seriously, they do offer some of the best recipe ideas. You will have leftover vinaigrette for another use. Also, this salad works with any lettuce you like. Try romaine, mixed baby greens, or even spinach and/or arugula.
Red Leaf Lettuce with Roasted Red Pepper Salad
- 6 cups red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 ounces pecorino cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
Red Wine Vinaigrette –
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
In a serving bowl, combine lettuce, red peppers, and capers. Whisk together red wine vinaigrette ingredients OR place them in a lidded glass jar and give them a good shake. Drizzle 4 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well. Top with shaved cheese; pass additional vinaigrette if desired.