This makes a flavorful as well as colorful one skillet meal that comes together very quickly.
Chicken with Artichokes
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons purchased pesto (homemade is better)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Season chicken with oregano and paprika.
In a small bowl, combine artichokes, tomatoes, green onions, and lemon peel. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook artichoke mixture until the tomatoes begin to soften, but still retain their shape, about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
Add remaining teaspoon of oil to the skillet and cook the chicken, over medium high heat, until lightly browned, about 4 to 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and spoon the pesto over the chicken. Arrange the artichoke mixture around the chicken, drizzle with lemon juice. Cover and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes more.