Grilled Lemon Chicken with Moroccan Couscous Salad
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into
1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into
1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, peeled, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup thinly sliced green beans or 1 cup trimmed sugar snap pea
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/3-inch thickness
For Serving –
- 3/4 cup plus 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almond (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
To make the couscous: In a large saucepan, bring the chicken broth, 1 tablespoon oil, the ginger, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, turmeric, cinnamon, and cumin to a boil. Stir in the couscous and remove from heat. Scatter with raisins, cover, and let stand until the couscous softens, about 10 minutes.
Fluff couscous with a fork, breaking up any lumps, then transfer to a large bowl. Add cucumber, red bell pepper, carrot, green beans, and lemon peel.
Whisk together the remaining tablespoon of oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and lemon juice. Add to couscous and toss to coat. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. This can be made one day ahead of time.
For the chicken: In a sealable plastic bag, or other marinating vessel, place 2 1/2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken, seal bag, and turn to coat. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature or chill 1 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
Prepare grill at high heat. Brush grates with oil to prevent sticking. Grill chicken directly from marinade until cooked through and slightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.
Let chicken rest 10 minutes on a platter.
To finish: Stir 3/4 cup cilantro into the couscous, then sprinkle with almonds. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle remaining cilantro, garnish with lemon wedges. Serve with couscous.