I’ve been teasing the mister all week with this dish. Today I finally broke down and made it for him. This is simple to make and would be good for breakfast, brunch, or a light lunch or snack.
Smoked Salmon with Yogurt and Capers
- 2 slices multigrain or country type bread.
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek style yogurt
- 3 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- 1/4 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Fresh ground black pepper
Toast the bread and cut in half.
Now put the other stuff on the toast.
Easy peasy, right?
A couple of notes:
If you are not going to eat this right away, and I mean right away, you should seriously consider putting the salmon on first so you do not wind up with mushy bread.
If you do not want to buy the more expensive Greek yogurt (hey you did have spend the big bucks on the salmon, right?), you can use low-fat plain yogurt. You just have to spoon it into a small strainer suspended over a bowl for 15 to 20 minutes so it drains and you get a thicker consistency. I do this all the time.