I found this recipe in Food and Wine magazine and it is made with Belgium Hoegaarden, which is a white ale (witbier). It only uses 2 tablespoons, so you could use whatever beer you have on hand or even substitute white wine and it will still be good.
Chicken, Zucchini, and Lemon Zest Pasta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cooked boneless chicken breasts, 1-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons Hoegaarten or other beer or white wine
- 1 lemon, rind grated then juiced
- 16 ounces penne pasta, cooked al dente
- grated Parmesan cheese
Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the sliced zucchini and saute until slightly tender, but not mushy, about 2 minutes or so.
Place zucchini in a large serving bowl, add chicken, capers, beer, lemon juice and rind; add pasta and toss with enough additional olive oil to lightly coat.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.