Ziti chi Sosizza (Ziti with Sausage)
A simple, yet hearty, pasta dish made with sausage, fennel, and cream.
Ziti with Sausage
- 3/4 pound mild Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup Pernod
- 3/4 pound fennel, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound ziti tagliate pasta
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Remove the sausage from the casings and coarsely chop. Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes.
Add garlic and cook another minute until fragrant. Stir in Pernod, fennel, and stock, cooking until the fennel is tender, about 10 minutes.
Season with salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
Stir drained pasta and cream into the skillet. Taste and adjust seasonings before serving.