Today I received a recipe in my email. Ah hah ha ha! Could I have said such a thing 10 years ago? Five? I thought it looked real good, but I made it better.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, sliced thin
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 bunch kale, tough stems removed and torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound cooked pink beans (or use any bean you like)
- 4 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock (I like to use water and tomato/chicken bouillon)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges
In a saucepan heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and fennel, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic. Add kale, beans, and vegetable stock. Season with a tiny bit of salt and with pepper.
Cook until slightly thickened and kale is tender, about 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.Serves 4.