This is an easy and healthy meal that you should be able to put together in about 30 minutes or so.
Dijon Chicken with Spinach Lemon Rice
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 cups baby spinach or chopped fresh spinach (packed)
- 1 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Cook rice according to package directions and set aside. I like to cook rice in the French manner, which is to cook it in a large amount of boiling water until tender, then drain. Feel free to use your own method of course.
Meanwhile, season both sides of the chicken with paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat, and cook chicken until cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove pieces from skillet and place on a large serving plate, cover to keep warm.
Reduce heat in the skillet to medium low and stir in the sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, and tarragon scraping up any browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Turn off heat.
Slice the chicken into strips and spoon 1 tablespoon of the sour cream mixture over the top. Cover and set aside.
Heat the remaining sour cream mixture over medium heat. Stir in the rice, lemon peel, water, and season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir to wilt the spinach, about 30 seconds.
To serve: Spoon spinach and rice mixture evenly onto serving plates and top with chicken.