Do you ever pick up those free booklets from your grocery store? You know the ones full of ideas and ads from their merchandise? Well you should! They have pretty good recipes in there.
Moroccan Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika (or use 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides. Stir in onion, cumin, ginger, and paprika; cook one minute. Stir in broth, scraping any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
Stir in zucchini, couscous, and chickpeas. Return to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer about 4 minutes.
Stir in cilantro, season with pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
Serve in soup bowls.