The idea for this wrap comes from Starkist. They use their sweet and spicy tuna to make it. However, that product has some questionable ingredients and can be pricey. I like to make my own stuff whenever possible.
Sweet and Spicy Tuna Wrap
- 1 5-ounce can tuna, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (if you have powdered chile pepper that is even better)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar, or other sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 large basil leaves, cut into strips (optional)
- 3 tablespoons creamy Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
In a small bowl, combine tuna, chili powder, sugar, carrots, basil, and 2 tablespoons of the dressing. In the center of each tortilla, place 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1/2 tablespoon dressing, 1/2 of the tuna mixture, and 2 ounces of the cheese. Fold up the edge of the tortilla that is closest to you, then bring in the ends of tortilla, then tightly roll keeping the ingredients inside. Cut in half, diagonally, and serve.