This sauce is meant to be served alongside a smoked beef brisket, but you do whatever you like. Hey! You’re the cook here!
Texas Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 quart water
- 5 Roma tomatoes, rough chop
- 1 cup prune juice
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
Combine onion flakes, pepper, dried garlic, coriander, and Cajun seasoning in a spice grinder and, well, grind.
Place the spices and remaining ingredients in a saucepan and simmer, covered, for about an hour. If mixture starts to thicken too much, add a little more water. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
Makes 1 quart.