Another use for leftovers from Turkey Day! This would also be good with cooked chicken or tuna fish.
Tarragon Turkey Salad
- 7 ounces chicken stock or 7 ounces turkey stock
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 lb cooked turkey, cut into thin strips
- 7 ounces mixed salad greens
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and diced
- fresh tarragon, for garnish
In a saucepan, heat stock, orange zest, orange juice, tarragon, oil, and vinegar; simmer 2 to 3 minutes, then chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
Just before serving, arrange salad greens, turkey, and grapefruit in a serving dish; pour dressing on salad and toss well.
Garnish with tarragon sprigs.