This is like the dry seasoning that comes in the orange packets. This version has a lot more flavor and can stand alone as the seasoning for a dish. I like to use it to stretch purchased packets which have an anti-caking ingredient.
Homemade Sazon Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, toasted then ground
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, toasted then ground
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon achiote seeds, ground
Mix ingredients together and store in an air-tight container.