Boxty on the griddle,
Boxty in the pan,
If you don’t eat boxty,
You’ll never get a man.
- 8 ounces potatoes, coarsely grated and dried
- 8 ounce potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
Lightly beat the eggs, then combine with both types of potatoes. Mix in the remaining ingredients, except the butter, to make a firm batter.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Drop 2 to 3 tablespoons of the batter and fry until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes on each side.
Serve with fried bacon or applesauce.