This recipe comes from a cookbook by Andy Gravette and Debbie Cook, Traditional Irish Cooking: The Fare of Old Ireland and Its History. The recipe also works well with either crabs or lobster.
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked and peeled shrimp
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- lime wedges, for serving
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and lime juice. Mix until smooth.
Pour the sauce over the shrimp, sprinkle with paprika and cayenne, and serve with the lime wedges.