Serves 3-4. From Just One Cookbook.
- 1-2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2-3/4 pound sliced pork belly (or your choice of meat), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 cabbage leaves, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons yakisoba sauce (store bought or homemade), or use the seasoning packet that comes with the noodles
- 1 package Yakisoba Noodles
In a wok, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook pork until no longer pink. Add onions and cook until wilted. Add remaining vegetables and stir-fry until softened. Season with black pepper and 3 tablespoons of yakisoba sauce.
Run the noodles under warm water to separate. Reduce heat on the wok to medium and stir in noodles. Season to taste with additional yakisoba sauce, up to 5 tablespoons more.